Child Support

Child Support

Child Support Payments by Divorce

Child Support Payments are not collected through the clerk's office unless a court order states that it shall be paid through the clerk's office.

For any questions you have about how to have your payment properly credited, check status of a payment or to obtain payment history, please contact the child support payment center . You will need your 16 digit case number 30-CS/DR/JU-YEAR-######.##.

To change your address for child support payments, you must write and mail a request to the Escambia County Circuit Clerk, P.O. Box 856, Brewton, AL 36427. We do not accept this information by phone.

Mail Payments to:

Alabama Child Support Payment Center (ACSPC)
P.O. Box 244015
Montgomery, AL 36124-4015

Phone: 1-877-774-9513

Child Support Web Site

DHR Child Support Cases

Child Support Court is held monthly before our circuit and district judges. Review dockets and DNA dockets are held once a month.

Once a case is filed by DHR it is given a case number, assigned a court date and issued for service on the defendant. The defendant must be served the paperwork before the case can proceed. If you are being represented by the Department of Human Resources, you will need to stay in contact with your case worker regarding your case. If you are represented by a private attorney, you will need to stay in contact with him/her regarding your case. By law, we cannot give legal advice.

General contact information is available below for the Alabama Central Disbursement Division (ACDD) and Escambia County's DHR.

Alabama Central Disbursement Division

P.O. Box 4960
Montgomery, AL 36103-4960

Phone: 1-877-774-9513
Fax: (334) 954-5181

Department of Human Resources

326 Evergreen Ave.

Brewton, AL 36426
Phone: (251) 809-2000

Employment Changes

For DHR Cases:

If the custodial party has retained child support enforcement at DHR, you will need to notify the case worker if there is an employment change and a new income withholding order needs to be issued. They will send one from their office.

For Private Cases (Non DHR):

Complete and return to the clerk's office a change of employment form and request for service as well as a new income withholding order. Include physical address of the employer. There is a filing fee of $28.00 plus the certified mail cost. 

Termination of IWO

Termination of income withholding once ALL children have reached the age of majority (19) or are no longer subject to withholding because of death, marriage, or otherwise becoming emancipated.

You can terminate the income withholding order (IWO) for child support, if no arrearage is owed. Complete and return to the clerk's office an affidavit for termination of IWO, form CS-44 & CS-45 or CS-37. Child Support Forms. Along with the affidavit, you will need a separate sheet of paper with current addresses for both parties and the employer's current address. Filing fee is $28.00 plus the certified mail fee. Payment may be made by cash, cashier's check, or money order made payable to Circuit Clerk. The process will take at least 30 days due to service on the other party and a 20 day time period to object to the order being terminated. If there is an objection, the case will be set for hearing.

Contact Information:
Escambia County Circuit Clerk’s Office
P.O. Box 856
Brewton, AL 36427
Child Support Division: 251-867-0230 ext. 230